A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

You're my favorite

There is nothing that makes a person feel more special

then being someone's favorite...

-friend

-sister

-wife (well this should be a given- but some husbands out there may not love their wife as much as they should)

-mommy

-parent

.....or a million more favorites. I hope everyone out there gets a chance to know how to feels to be a favorite.

There is something so special about being a parent or in my case- getting to be a mommy. I love how my daughters seek comfort in my arms when they are scared, or hold my hand tightly when we are in new places. I love to feel important and needed. I love getting kissed by my sexy husband. I love being his wife, knowing he picked me to spend the rest of his life with, to have a family with, to love. There is nothing that makes me feel more amazing then being told I am the most beautiful woman he's ever known.

I love being his favorite.

While I do have 2 little girls, each girl clearly has their favorite parent. And my 3 year old often changes her mind on who that is depending on who lets her get her way and who has to enforce the rules, it does seem there is a clear winner- her dad.

I know she loves me too and we have a special bond since I am her mama but when she gets hurt or falls down, the first person she cries for is "daddy". She adores him. He is HER favorite. Sometimes it makes me sad. But he is amazing so I love that she loves him so much.

Then Little Baby Londyn came along. And without a doubt I am clearly HER favorite. She loves her daddy too. And at times I think it makes him a bit sad, when she screams and cries and ONLy wants her mommy. Londyn loves her big sister, Ava, and loves to play with daddy but I have to be in her view at all times. Anytime I leave the room her little lips pucker with a big frown and the tears start to flow. And sometimes it doesn't stop till I come back, then its like nothing happened and she goes back to playing happily.

And let's be honest here.....

I
LOVE
IT!

Who doesn't love being the favorite... and where I am blessed to have 2 daughers and I love them both just as much as the other. I do get a bit of satisfaction knowing I have the magic touch in bringing a smile to Londyn's chubby face.

So think about it.... are you someones favorite???















No comments: