A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

The time of our life

Watching my little girls grow up I am constantly obsessing over all of their life milestones. First bath,     First smile, first time rolling over. But sometimes I forget to appreciate my own milestones as an adult. When we are young we are always pushing though each birthday. Just wanting to be 16 and drive, or be able to date. We are always rushing to grow up. Wanting to move out when we are no longer under our parents rules with curfews and restrictions. But in our rush to grow up we miss some of the milestones we will never get back.

Looking back I wish I would've appreciate having 3 meals a day my kind mother baked from scratch for us kids. Being able to go clothes shopping and having my patents foot the bill. Have a nice big house to live in without bills or a mortgage to stress over. Why didn't I take life in stride and enjoy being young?

When we are young we want to hurry and grow up but once we are are grown we realize why our parents were always telling us to slow down and just enjoy being young.

As I sit here I think back over the last 10 years it feels like a flash of light. I just want life to slow down and enjoy it. I remember being a young teen and fantasizing over my future life. What it all was worth going for, the finale- meeting the man of my dreams, getting marred and having my perfect little family. I would cook, and clean and kiss my husband as he walked through the door at night from work. And here I am living out that dream. I am a wife to the man of my dreams, I live in the perfect little neighbor hood and have two adorable Daughters. And it is a lot harder than my mom made it look. But I love it. I am finally the mommy I dreamed about when I was young. Here I am at the finale, my "happily ever after." But this is what I had wrong. It is not the end but instead the beginning, the start of a new chapter in my life. Because now it's not about my milestones it's about family milestone and those of our girls. It is no longer about me but instead we, all of us. Being a family we have to work together. I love it and I admit its not easy but I wouldn't want my story to be any other way. Because I know that know I am living the time of my life. The time I have dreamed about my whole life, where my life branches out and influences the little lives I brought to earth. My eyes are open and I don't want to take any more milestones for granted.

No comments: