A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Forever my baby

As I think back to when having my first daughter, everything was new and a first. Every milestone my husband and I anxiously waited for and anticipated. Always wanting the next phase.


I just want her to smile, or sit up, or start making talking sounds. She was growing up quickly before my eyes but I wanted her to. I was excited to see her progress. Now I look back at the hundreds of photos I took... and I miss those memories. I wish I wouldn't have wanted to hurry to see her get bigger.  Kids will inevitably grow up, and once they do we will wonder how we seemed to let it pass us by.

So what did I learn? Slow down, enjoy each little milestone and hold on to the baby as long as they will let you. Because now my Little Miss Ava is almost 4 years old, she is her own little person. But no matter how old she gets will forever be my baby.










No comments: