A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Sand DUNES

After have SO much fun with our friends the weekend before we decided to go camping again the following weekend since Russ had the day off. Usually we go with other people but this time we decided it would be just the 3 of us. To be honest I didn't know if it would be as fun. But WOW was I wrong. We had SO much fun. Everything about this trip was perfect... absolutely perfection. It was just one of those times where life just felt complete in every way.

Here is my little peek-a-boo. She's so funny. She was NOT a fan of the sand. She stood on the mat outside the trailer for the longest time not daring to step off into the sand. I took off her sandals so she could feel the cool sand between her toes. Personally I loved walking around barefoot. It was almost as if we were at the beach.. but a beach with no water. uh huh. The weather was positively perfect.
If you notice in the pic above she is trying to keep her feet as far away from the sand as possible. She is such a little miss priss-- never wanting to get dirty.
So I put her in the sand... I mean she had to give it a try so she could love it like me. And well.. she wasn't sure. She didn't cry but she didn't smile either. I guess she was trying to decide.
Aww.. but aren't her chubby bubbie little toes just so dang cute. I just wanta kiss 'em.
And then of course there is her loving Mommy and Papa. I was just in complete heaven this whole trip. I can't wait do do more trips with just our little family. We spent our time playing, riding the 4-wheeler, blasting the sound system in the trailer and dancing around laughing and having a great time. I LOVE my little family and there was just something about this day that everything just fit- everything was wonderful. I had so much love in my heart I could have burst into a million happy pieces. We felt like a family and parents and not that its not like that all the time its just that day it came together.
Me and Little Miss trying desperately to escape the sand :)

Silly little one. At least she is getting use to her helmet. Probably cuz it's pink. She loves anything pink ;) I mean after all she is my daughter. We wouldn't expect any less from her.

No comments: