A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Friday, April 23, 2010

cAmPinG TIME

We went on an AWESOME camping trip to San Rafael Swell with some friends. It was our first time taking our new camp trailer.. and we absolutely LOVED it. I didn't want to come home. Usually by day three I am so done and ready to leave but with a trailer I kept myself and Ava clean. We had so much fun we ended up going on another camping trip the following weekend. Hopefully this is the first of many, many camping trips this year.

OH wow here we are- mama and little miss. I just love how she loves me. Everything I do she wants to do it. Whether it's laundry or dishes or whatever. She makes messes, break things but her intentions are so sincere and she really wants be like mommy. And that I adore. She is my little mini-me. I love every little bit of her baby self. Love.. Love... Love..
Okay so let me explain this pic. We are NOT actually driving. To find our camp spot we went off-road on this dirt trail and at one point we had to go up this hill and our friends driving in front of us got stuck and so we were stopped for a while then after they got unstuck we were driving like 5 mph so we wouldn't get stuck again. So that's when I took these next few. What better to do when your bored then a photo op right? So below she is "helping" daddy drive the car. She quite enjoyed it. She LOVES her daddy so much. I love how they have such a close relationship. She will just stare at him all the time.


Okay so yes I do realize that I am posting a pic of my little lady picking her nose.... not so lady like buuuttt.. its pretty funny. Whenever you ask Ava "Where's your nose?" She immediately shoves her finger right up there. At least she knows where it is I guess. Haha. I guess that little finger of hers fits just right in the hole. She thinks its funny, probably cuz we always laugh when she does it. So she will do it and start laughing. We need to stop on that one. I really don't want my daughter walking around picking her nose. I'm sure other people won't see the humor. Oh well.. haha


Of course the photo op wouldn't be complete without a self portrait..

I just love camping. I guess it's just nice to get away from our crazy lives and spend time together without the interuptions of work and life. Ava and I hardly ever see Russ cuz he works long hours and we miss him so much. Most toddlers have early bedtimes but I keep Ava awake much later so Russ can play with her when he gets home which is usually around 7:30 or 8. So Ava's bedtime is 10ish. I realize that is SO late for one yr old but I don't want her to never have time to spend with her dada. They are so cute playing together and I don't want to take that away. SHe has 2 long naps in the day to make-up for her late bedtime. Alot of nights I put her to nap around 4 and wake her up when he gets home. He works so hard for our little family and to make sure we have everything we need. I just love his so much. We are so lucky to have him taking care of both of us. So camping is my solitude now. I get to selfishly have him all to myself and I LOVE that!

Here is my sexy hubby ready to ride! I think he looks SO dang hott hott in all his gear. OH and yes I picked out his whole getup- Christmas gifts. He loves it and so do I :)

Oh and WHAT could be betta then my 2 all time favvvs! um.. nothing at all.. they are THEE best

Russ and his buddy Brandon... ready to RIDE!

We took a 4-wheeler ride up the trail. It was so pretty! He let me drive half the time and I didn't do half bad. I think I only stalled out once (or twice hmm..) Its a clutch and that's not my forte.
Papa bear taking little muchkin for a quick zip around camp. IT was COOOLLLD>
Next day we went for a long ride with our friends on bikes and 4-wheelers. Here we are taken a little break for what else? pics
Here is my little storm trooper.. haha. We finally bought Ava her very own helmet. But it is so HUGE on her. We were trying to decide between this helmet and the full face ones. But the full face was much heavier and she would cry when we'd try it on her, this one at least we got a smile when she looked at herself in the mirror. SOO it was a go. She wouldn't let us put goggles on at first. But 45 minutes into the ride she didn't even fight it. I bet she hated the wind blowing in her face so I'm sure she welcomed the goggles then. She is pretty cute those in her riding outfit- with her little camo sweater (even though its way too big)

The day we left I wanted to get some pics of the two of us and her smiling. Whenever I say" Are you stinky" She smiles and laughs. I make a silly face when I say it. So the photo below captured her cute smile and my dumb expression... That's why my eyes are all squinty and expression is over exaggerated. I swear I don't smile that gay normally. haha

Another smiling shot! I love her!!! Mama loves you Little Miss Priss. Ava is my little prissy baby. She doesn't like getting her hands dirty at all. Just like me.. :) She would trip and fall in the dirt and would hold out her hands like all disgusted. It was so cute. But I'm glad I don't have an overly messy child. At least not yet. That may be a phase she just hasn't reached yet. Or maybe she is just my little girlie girlie!
Aww... and here we are the WhoLE fam. Even our little furry monster, Lucky. Nothing in life is better than family. I love my little family more than all the stars in the sky and fish in the sea. I never realized how fulfilled my life would be with my darling little angel. I can't wait to have more just like her. But I'm not TOO anxious. Maybe next year we'll start on that. But for now I am completely satisfied with just the 3 of us!

No comments: