A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

After being away from my little cuties for a whole week I could really appreciate Mother's Day even more this year. Now I have 2 kids and for the first time I am a full time stay-at-home mom. Wow what a change from past years. 

My days are filled with play dates, planning my shower and to dos around nap time and chasing around two wild rambunctious girls all day long. Some days are really hard but there are those moments within those tough days where I see the truth and unfiltered love that they have as sisters and for me. I see them grow and learn and everything they do is so amazing to me. I constantly find myself in awe so grateful that I was blessed to have these two little angels come to me and my husband. They picked us to take care of them and love them. I am so incredably lucky to be able to have them and love having the privilege of being there mommy. 




Lovingg my new mint watch, one of my Mother's Day gifts!


Ava made me this sweet card, and wrote my name on it all by herself. Not only does she have amazing handwriting but she knows how to spell my name. Its so funny to me she wrote my first name when I'm sure the kids were told to write "MOM". She knows mom's REAL name. haha love her!!

So I have been wanting a "mother's necklace" for a while now. I love little charms and wanted to personalize something to represent my kids and marriage. I went to a boutique a week before Mother's Day and found exactly what I was looking for.  I picked each of the charms out myself on the silver long chain and all are one of a kind. the crystal and rose represent my marriage and the letters represent my girls. On the bronze necklace the two initials and then the key represents "key to my heart" for my lover boy and the pearl is my birthstone. I am SOO in love with both and ended up being a perfect Mother's Day gift that I picked out :) 














We played outside lots since the weather was so amazing. Here is Ava with 2 of her favorite little friends. 


Saturday night we went to his cousin, Danica's wedding reception. Ava always loves going to weddings to meet the "princess". She always wants to meet the princess and give her a hug. At one point I looked down and noticed she had picked up the bride's train. So cute and glad I could capture the moment :)




No comments: