A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Perfect Getaway

AMAZING!!! 

Basically that discribes our trip. It was so nice to be alone with my man for a whole week and really reconnect without all the daily distractions. 

We left Friday night, we had a red eye leaving at 12:30am. The flight was really late departing out of SLC. So when we got to Atlanta we had to literally run to our connecting flight and barely made it. 
We made it to Miami 9:30 Saturday morning. It was a perfect sunny day. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach as I was so excited for this adventure to start!
They took this picture right before we boarded the ship. We look pretty good for traveling all night :; Lets just say Delta doesn't have comfy seats for sleeping...

We got on the ship around noon, and were one of the first to board since we got there so early. So the first thing we did was eat then head to the pool to start on our tans!

Our first night on the ship, exploring and having fun. Feeling like a couple of newlyweds again. I feel like I fell in love all over again. So nice just to hold hands, kiss and show the whole world how in love we really are. Its hard sometimes to be romanic when we are holding babies and chasing a rebelious 4 year old having a tantrum. 
We had the most perfect room on the ship. We were on the same level as the main pool and buffet restaurant.  Litterally just down the hall from the pool was so amazing! Plus this time we decided to spring for a balcony room and it was SOOO worth it. Seriously nothing more romantic then eating breakfast as the sun rises or cuddling at sunset. The views were always spectacular from our 9th floor deck. One night we pulled out our mattress from the room and slept out there, truely and unforgetable night ;)

Sunday, our first full day we landed in Nassau, The Bahamas. 

We did an excursion to this private little island we had to get to by water taxi.


There was a dolphin sanctuary here and we watched them do all these tricks and interact with the tourists. It was amazing. 

As we explored this mini paradise we found ourselves in this little abandoned beach cove and all by ourselves. It was awesome! 

After our tour was over we headed back to mainland Bahamas and did a bit of shopping then back to the ship to relax by the pool.

Monday, was a day at sea. So we spent our morning breakfast on our balcony.


Here we are exploring our ship and doing some shopping.

Monday was also our first Formal Night onboard. I love any excuse to get all dolled up so it was so fun!


This was taken in the amazing glass elevator. 
After dinner and taking a bunch of the professional pics we headed back to  our room to change into casual clothes then headed out to the late night comedy show.. Which was SOO funny. We laughed our heads off. Seriously so fun!


Tuesday, we ported in St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands. It was my favorite port. So amazingly  breathtaking. I never wanted to leave.




We had a fun snorkling, catamaran excursion in St. Thomas. Here I am on the boat sailing over. We met some cool people and all went on this together. Seriously this day was amazing!!! 

After arriving at the spot where we did the snorkling. It was a ways from the beach so it was super deep and I was freaked out. But I got over it and ended up having a lot of fun. YOLO



Sailing back, what an amazing day!!

After getting back to the ship, we relaxed and took naps since we were exhausted. Then got all up and ready for dinner and pictures.. 

I love me and my man!! Still so happy and in love 12 years later.

Wednesday, we ported in Puerto Rico. We didn't have any excursions booked for this port. Instead we decided to explore the island on our own and do some shopping.




Later that night they had a fun pool party. We ended up staying up so late that night. And here we are in the arcade. It was so fun playing all the games. The awesome red belly dancing skirt I got in Puerto  Rico!.. haha


Thursday we had our final port, Grand Turk. It was beautiful but very touristy and expensive. Since the beach was literally right off the dock we decided to just do our own thing, beach and shop. 





After heading back to ship we hurried to get ready for our 2nd Formal Night. 
Me and my lover boy ;)

Friday, our last day and also a day at sea. This ended up being one of my favorite days. We kept it low key, relaxing and soaking in all the ship had to offer. 



After relaxing by the pool we headed back to our room to get all cleaned up and get an early start to pictures and dinner.  We held hands, kissed, had so much fun that night. We ended the night in the ourdoor spa hottub by  ourselves. It will be a night I will always remember. I have never felt so in love and relaxed and happy.



So cheers to 10 years of marriage! I am so happy that we decided to go on this vacation. It may not have been the cheapest most logical thing to do but sometimes you have to just enjoy life and make memories. I never regret the times I do only the times I don't. I love this man SOOO much. And after reconnecting I feel we are even closer and more in love than ever before. I am a better mom, a  better wife, and a happier person. I am so grateful for my life because right now it truely is perfect.... :)


These last couple are right before leaving the ship to head back home.
























 















 

No comments: