A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

What happens in Vegas...

A couple weeks ago Russell and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary in Las Vegas. We really had so much fun! It was nice to just have it be the 2 of us for a few days. Of course we missed our little Miss Ava a ton we knew she was in great hands trading off between both her grandparents. Russell surprised me with tickets to the Nascar Races at the Las Vegas Speedway and that was the reason for the last minute trip. We planned on going anyways but it was gonna be a few weeks later. We left our house around 4am in order to get to Vegas plenty early to fully soak in our first experience of the Nascar rush.
The races were awesome! SOOO loud wow it was like loud booms as they drove around the track. It is way different and more intense then how it appears on TV.
Along with watching the race it was also pretty entertaining to see some of the crazy people that attend the races. Wow you really get all sorts of characters. haha
Later that night heading out to walk the strip and soak in the Vegas life.
Right outside the new Vegas city center was this cool water wall at Aria. The whole atmosphere that night was amazing I will never forget it. Everything was just so perfect and it made me so happy and grateful to be sharing it with my lover boy.
The next day walking the strip doing some shopping over at the MGM.
I had to get a pic by the elephant. This was in the Rainforest cafe gift shop. All the animals moved and reacted to us. It was over the top, true Vegas hah!
While we were walking around we were giving a 2 for 1 for one of the Vegas shows the Cirque Du Solie show at the New York. So we randomly decided to go for it since neither of us have ever been to a headliner show. So we got all dressed up for our night out :)
It was so fun as we were walking the streets of New York to get to the theater. I love how you really feel like you are there. It was so romantic. It makes me want to go to NY for real someday. And the show there was incredible! Wow so over the top and acrobatics and the production was amazing. We were on the 3rd rows with amazing views and the actors would interact with the audience and since we were so close we got to some. I can't wait to go to another show next time in Vegas.
I loved my sparkly pink dress. It was so funny cuz as we are walking through the hotel everyone would double take. haha I think the color and sparkle just stood out. Russ was so sweet and kept complimenting me. That night was so amazing! Everyone was so cool to us. Before the show we went out for sushi. We found this amazing little place that we ended up going to a few times since it was so good.
The last day making our rounds one more time. We got Ava a car M&M dispenser that she loved!
Well that's all for now. What an amazing trip and it was great to have my hubby all to myself!
I love Vegas and the energy and excitement that surrounds it. Excited to go back in May for our friends wedding! See you then Vegas :)

No comments: