A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy 31!

So guess who had a birthday? This wonderful man.. Russell! He turned 31 yesterday. I just wanted to give him props for the wonderful husband and father he is. More and more everyday. I can't believe we have been together 10 years. We have had so much fun together. He is truly my best friend. I am so happy with the life we have built together, we have everything that matters.. each other, and Ava.
For those of you who really know my husband, you know what a good, genuine, kind person he is. Everything he does is for other people. He is so unbelievably unselfish. He does so much for me and Ava everyday. Ava is so lucky to grow up with such with such love in her life. We are a close little family and would do anything for each other.

I love Russell for so many reasons. Not only is he such a good person but he is so funny. He makes me laugh everyday and has little Miss A rolling on the ground laughing all the time. He is just a fun guy.

When we first started dating I remember how he was so loving and playful with his nieces and nephews. He would go out of his way to make them laugh and be their friend. I had never met a guy like that and knew right then I wanted to marry him. I knew at that moment what an incredible daddy he would be. We had a connection right off. (On our second date he told me I was the first girl he could see himself marrying. ha ha but that's a whole 'nother story :) I believe you can tell so much about a person by how they treat children. It shows a lot about how he was raised and what a great guy he is. He didn't ignore his nieces and nephews like some people would. And ever since we have had Ava he is such a hands on dad. He always wants to carry her wherever we go. He is so helpful with everything involving her. He is anxious to have even more little ones, so am I! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUSSY! I love you SO much!

No comments: