A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Twilight and the Holiday



So after all the hype and hearing about nothing but twilight for months I finally read the book. And I LOVED it. Seriously it was so great. This Thanksgiving weekend most of my family headed to Nebraska to spend the holiday with my oldest Sister Nikki and her 2 boys. I didn’t think Russ and I would be going because it would be uncomfortable to travel being as pregnant as I am to endure the 8 hours in the car to get there. But at the last minute Russell had to do a dealer trade for work, which means he had to drive a SUV out to Missouri . So we decided to head to Nebraska for Thanksgiving after all. We left Wednesday night after work and arrived in Kimball , NE around 3:30am. We really enjoyed spending Thanksgiving day will Nikki’s family, my brother Brett and his family and my parents. The food was great and my favorite was my mom’s caramel pumpkin pie! It was so incredibly Delicious! Yummy yummy. Then Friday Russell left to finish the rest of the drive to Missouri to drop off the truck. I stayed with my family instead of continuing on with him. I felt bad leaving him to drive alone but I didn’t think I could handle the rest of the 12 hours to get there and the 12 hours to get back to my sisters. He did that in only 2 days. He arrived back at my sisters on Saturday night. So while he was gone, Nikki and I got to talking about Twilight. She had the book and challenged me to read just a couple chapters to see if I liked it. Well I did and had finished the whole book before Russ got back on Saturday. It only took me about a night and a day to read it. Wow, I was hooked!! I bought the second book New Moon on our drive home and started on that one. I am so anxious to see the Twilight movie now! So I told Russ he has to take me. And he said he will. I don’t think he realizes how girly it probably is but he’s a good sport when it comes to movies. He’ll watch just about anything with me. That is with one EXCEPTION, he won’t watch musicals- High school musical especially he just can’t sit through something like that.

No comments: