A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Friday, November 21, 2008

What I love about being Pregnant

Let me just say being pregnant is not what I expected. Some things I love and some things I really don't like. I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate any of it because the result of all this is something really wonderful so I can't hate the process. I have to just appreciate and take it for what it is. Okay so for the things I enjoy. First of all my all time fav thing about it is when baby Ava kicks and moves around in my belly. It is just so amazing to me. Wherever I am and whatever I am doing I stop to watch the the little creature moving inside me. I put my hand on my stomach to feel it. She will always poke part of her body out. I'm not sure if it's an elbow or knee or foot or what but it will be an obvious body part raised up out of my round belly. So as a game I will gently push it back in with my finger. It's like a little game we play back and forth, a way to playfully interact with my baby girl. I told Russell that I do that and he thought it wasn't very nice of me. Haha. I'm not trying to be mean, I think it is more funny. Sorry baby Ava I hope you aren't annoyed by mommy's game :) But whenever baby will move and I am with Russ I will tell him and we will both sit and watch my belly. It is just so incredible. What a little miracle she is. Oh baby Ava I can't wait to meet you!!

2 comments:

Schoenstars said...

you know what? as much drama as my pregnancy entailed, i honestly do miss being pregnant. i miss having the feeling of your very own baby in your belly, growing in side of you. it's a very comforting feeling. i'm excited for my next one...but that's not gonna happen for a LONG while!!!

Love Sweet Love said...

The list of what's NOT fun about being pregnant can go on and on and on, yet somehow feeling that little baby kick and move around makes everything else not seem like as big of a deal. And then when she comes and you get to hold her in your arms you know it was all worth it!