A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Monday, November 10, 2008

I miss ICON SECURITY

Yes I miss Icon Security. I worked for Icon for 3 1/2 years, it was the most I've ever invested of myself at any job. So when I heard the news that Icon was merging with Pinnacle security, I was absolutely crushed. The merger as they called it was actually more of a aquisition on Pinnacle's part. I guess because of the crummy economy Icon couldn't get approved for the whole amount of the loan they needed to continue on with the company so they decided to let Pinnacle take us over. So the day before Halloween we had a State of The Company meeting as they called it and basically told us the company that we all loved was no more. So I wondered if I even had a job anymore, along with everyone else there. And the truth was most of corporate probably won't. Its a horrible situation. So here I am 7 months pregnant and for all I know out of a job. Since I was working as the executive assistant to the 3 owners of the company I was lucky enough to get an interview over at Pinnacle. And since they put in a VERY good word for me, I was hired. I was so happy. I mean I really didn't want to be job hunting with my big prego belly. Who is actually going to hire a pregnant person? I mean as far along as I am, basically I work for 3 more months then I have to take 4 to 6 weeks off to have the baby. So I was truly blessed to have been hired. So I was hired on as a Regional Operations Coordinator, I'm in charge of helping out all the Icon reps transitioning over to Pinnacle. Which I am so happy to be working with the guys I already know, but Pinnacle is so different in the way they do everything. I started this new job on Monday and the more time I spend there the more I miss Icon. I'm getting sad just thinking and writing about it. I will make a post soon about the top reasons I miss Icon but I don't really want to think about it anymore tonight. But all of you at Icon Security still, I MISS YOU and ICON WAS THE BEST EVER!!!

3 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

I am so lonely without you! Krista got laid off today. If Conner ever leaves then I will be the only one on that entire side of the cubicles!

Love Sweet Love said...

When I heard that Icon "was no more" I was so sad even though I don't work there anymore. I guess I just never thought I'd see that happen. Icon was the best!!! Starting a new job is always hard, even if it is doing basically the same sort of thing you were doing before, but I bet you'll start to feel more at home in a few weeks because everybody who meets you and knows you LOVES you! How could they not, you're so stinkin' cute and fun to be around. Miss you and good luck over there!

Casey said...

Icon sucked without you...although I wasn't there much longer anyway.