A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

6 MONTHS

What!! I have a 6 month old little baby girl? Where has the time gone. As cliche as it sounds it really does feel like yesterday that I had her. She is such a funny little monkey. She has really started jibber jabbering lately. I LOVE to hear her talk, nothing is understandable except for "da da da da" and her high pitched, "Hi!" I just love her more than any words I could write would even begin to express. She is my little best friend. The older she becomes the more I feel like we bond. She loves me and prefers me most of the time. She always gives me the cutest smiles and giggles. She has such a funny little personality and such a sweet spirit. I can't even imagine life without her. Every day is fun. I love our little family. Russell is the best daddy to her and I am so lucky to have both of them in my life.


A FEW OF HER LIKES:

-apple juice
-any toy that sings or plays music
-sweet potatoes
-churros (she loves to lick the sugar off, I just share a little bit with her :))
-Lucky- she ADORES our little dog, she is not even on his top 10
-snuggling, hugging and kissing her mama, dada and grandma
-bath time, swimming in the pool.. this girl LOVES the water
-being the center of attention at ALL times
-loves when I sing to her, although my nursery rhyme songs are limited, and sometimes she gets -some Top 40
-being photographed- every time I pull out the video camera or regular camera, she looks right into the lens and puts on a show. I need to put this little girl into baby modeling or something, can't let this talent slip by unappreciated right?





SOME OF HER DISLIKES:

  • Vacuum- she screams and cries from the second I turn it on and until its off and completely out of site
  • when her bottle runs out- she will scream at the top of her lung till she gets more

  • men- especially men with any facial hair (the only man she likes is her dada)

  • the bat and wobble penguin toy- she is petrified of this toy, he has a scary laugh and bounces towards her. She didn't mind him before we put the batteries in. But now she is scared to death, whether the sound is on on or not. (I need to return him to Walmart, no use having a toy that gives her nightmares.)

No comments: