A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ear Piercing

I DID IT! Okay well I didn't actually do it, the Asst mgr of Claire's did the actual piercing. But I took her haha. :)

It all started when we got some stick on earrings about a month ago and I was so obsessed with how cute it looked that I was determined to have it done for real. The stick on ones last about 5 minutes and then fall off. But as soon as I mentioned it to Russ he was SO against it. I really didn't see why. But it all boiled down to him not wanting to intentionally inflict any pain on her. I mean when she gets her shots she hysterically bawls and cries, so naturally he was thinking that's exactly how a piecing would go.
Add Video So after CONSTANTLY discussing and begging for days he finally said he wouldn't stand in my way but he just didn't want to be there. Well over that last couple weeks I went to a bunch of mall stores that do piercings to get a feel for it and see if there was anyone I trusted to do it. I had come to the conclusion I would do it sometime in the next month or so and have my sister come with me.

Yesterday I was at the mall to pick up a baby blanket I had just bought for Ava and was having her name embroidered on it. While I was there I stopped by the jewelry store and asked to see the earrings. Well the girl was so sweet and cute and I felt she would do a great job so I went ahead quite spur of the moment in fact. I was so scared Ava would be upset and scream. But she was SOOO unbelievably well. She let the girl mark the dots and didn't even wiggle. Finally when I had to hold her down for the actual piercing, she started to fuss for a second, literally, after the first hole was done and then the girl did the second hold. Ava fussed for about 5 seconds so I hurried and gave her some apple juice and the girl held up the mirror so Ava could see herself and then everything was fine. I was so SURPRISED but so relieved that she was fine, and not hurting.

I stopped by Russell's work on the way home to show him and he thought it was cute too. But mainly cared about how she reacted to it. When I told him how good she did I think that made him like the piercing more knowing that she didn't go through too much pain. I am so glad I had it done. I think is is just so cute and girly! Now even without a bow she looks feminine and sweet. I just LOVE my little Angel!








5 comments:

Angenelle said...

She is so stinkin' cute!!! I loe the earings!!

Josh, Deborah, Ashton and Amanda said...

I love it!! I'm so glad you did it, and that she wasn't too sad!
I bet Josh and I will go thru the same conversation in the next few months too... :)

Ben and Nanci Hanks said...

How cute! I'm too scared to get Sadie's done. I love her cheeks!

Chad and Elizabeth said...

She is so precious! I'm glad she did well because the earing are really cute! Her room is really cute too :)

April said...

she is so stinkin cute!!!! i love her smile. and her earrings are freaking adorable!! I'm so glad she did good, and that's cute how russ is protective of her!