A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

So, this past weekend Russell and I went to the Hogle Zoo. It really was fun. I haven't been since I was probably 12 years old. So it was fun to feel like a kid again, ewwing and ahhhing over all the animals.

Here is Russell with the Giraffs. It was so cool. He was like the animal whisperer or something. They loved him. The momma giraff let him pet her and the baby giraff below was so curious and kept trying to lick his zoo brochure. There is a better picture of that down below the other pictures. I don't know if your really suppose to get that close to them, probably not. But the sign posted on their fence only said not to feed them it didn't say anything about not petting them. Haha. I guess they figure the giraffs wouldn't dare get that close to people. But they got close to Russell, he's just special like that I guess.

Here is Russell getting the attention of some turtle.
And here the bird was trying to bite at Russell's toes. Haha it was so funny. Russell is seriously the next Dr. Dolittle. Animals LOVE him!!


Below is the rarewhite Alligator. Its pretty cool looking. I guess there are only 10 of these left in the whole world. It almost looks like it could glow in the dark. Hmmm..




Here is Russ with his giraff friend trying to get his brochure. Haha Funny!!


1 comment:

Casey said...

haha gosh I'm jealous. I love giraffes. I wanna pet one.