A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

MOAB

Last weekend we went on a camping trip to Moab with my in-laws. The first camping trip of the year is always fun and this was no exception. Moab is so beautiful! Here is Ava and Cali playing when we first got to camp. Later that day we went for a hike to a waterfall. The hike was pretty interesting, walking through streams, climbing over slippery rocks and all.
It was about that time when Miss Ava needed a nap so she was a bit out of it some of the time.
Ava with her cousin, Beckham.
Like I said going through the streams. The water was pretty cold but your feel kinda go numb after a minute then its not so bad. haha. It was so gorgeous there! I love all the red rocks.
My cute little fam :)

Finally got to the waterfall. It was a bit too cold to swim in it. So we just played around for a while. Ava loved picking up and throwing lots of the small rocks.

She was brave but insisted on holding my hands at all times for moral support :)
Back at camp.
Me and my little baby.
The camp ground was pretty cool. They had a nice pool, hot tub, this huge chess set and checkers board to play.
They also had a putting green. Ava LOVED that.
Here is another hike we took. Look how cool this place is. Russ was joking around and put his head on the track and told us he heard a train 2 miles out. He was joking of course. We didn't even know if this was a track that had any train traffic. Well just a few minutes later we hear a train coming. My husband is psychic I guess. hah
I have never seen a train that close other than from inside my car waiting for one to pass in town. But this was a totally different experience. Ava was pretty impressed too!
Taking a break on our hike.
The next day we took a drive to slick rock.
Our camp spot.
Ava had lots of opportunity to ride her 4-wheeler all over during this trip so of course she was in heaven ;)

All in all we had a great trip. It was awesome to spend time with Russell's family and just relax and have fun. It is making me even more anxious and excited for summertime to finally get here. We have been have some crazy snowstorms this last week and I am so ready for it to be warm. Can't wait to take more camping trips really soon :)

2 comments:

Dave and Nanette said...

Looks like you all had a ton of fun! What a cute family you have!

Britt and Josh Child said...

That was a fun trip. I love that picture of Ava and Cali so cute!