A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December so far..

Well this month has been crazy busy! Full of fun activities, shopping, and Christmas parties. Oh and Little Miss Ava is most certainly becoming even more independent and getting into her terrible twos ;) We love her more than words and she is so clever in the things she does and says but she can sure be naughty sometimes.

This is the angry face she gives me when she doesn't want to do whatever I am asked her to. Haha I still think she's cute though! I mean how could I not give in to this? lol
The last week in Novemeber we went as a fam to go pick out our christmas tree! A real one of course. I grew up always having a real one when we were in the USA. Russ was use to a fake one but that is one tradition I insisted we keep in our family. So every year we've been married we have had one. I just LOVE the smell of pine! This year Ava got to get in on all the action and help us pick one out. She had a blast running away from us up and down the rows of trees. She was pretty sad to go.
Finally she agreed to hold my hand instead of running wildly ;)
And the finished product! I decorated it with all silver and red. Its hard to see the decorations in this pic but I love our perfect 10 foot tree. But notice how the bottom has hardly any decorations? Ava likes to pull them off. Luckily she hasn't unwrapped any of the gifts yet..
Another fun thing we did was to go to Thanksgiving point to see the lights and meet 2 of Santas reindeer.
We decided to take the horse-drawn wagon ride though the lights. Ava loved it and the horses of course. It was really pretty and the crisp cold air got me even more excited for Christmas!

Love my little girl!

I'm so glad Russ likes taking us fun places! I think life is all about spending time as a family, making memories and living life to the fullest. I am so lucky to have these to to make memories with.

The ride.
Ava meeting the horses up close. She is obessed with horses. Any time she sees one in a book or on TV she goes crazy with excitment. I even got her a stuffed animal one. So I'm sure this was pretty awesome for her.
Ava is so silly. She loves to try on any glasses she finds. These are the 3D glasses from the movie. She though she was pretty funny. MY sweet little muchkin! haha too funny.

I can't believe Christmas is this Saturday!! Where has the time gone? I feel like December has flown by way to fast. I have so much left to do. But I am so excited to! This year Ava understands so much more and will actually be excited and have opinions about her gifts. I can't wait to see the look on her face! We have bought her so many fun things! Christmas with kids really is SO much better! And bringing little Ava happiness is really what makes me the happiest!

1 comment:

Audrey Crisp said...

Merry Christmas! What a fun time you've all had! Great tree!