A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

First the HALL-O-wEEN activities

First of all let me say this was by FAR one of the beST Halloween's ever! We did everything possible to celebrate and have fun. With every holiday I realize more and more how having Ava just makes everything more magical. Its almost like us being able to be kids again. I love how she truely brings back all the magic of the holidays. And EVERYTHING festive I wanted to do Russ was right there wanting to as well. haha what a great man he is!

Soooo.. first of all we decided to carve us some pumpkins. Let's be honest I thought it would be alot harder than it was. I am SUCH a perfectionist and it took me twice as long as Russ to finish up my pumpkin but I think it was well worth it. They both looked amazing and I was so proud of my carving skills ;)

Here is my man and my lil' muchkin startin out. I love the look on Ava's face.. haha priceless. She is def gettin into her terrible 2's. she is one sassy girl!
I let little A help with takin out the pumpkin inner goo.. she thought that was fun for a SECOND only then was done. It went by so fast I couldn't even get a pic. The pumpkin looks so big compared to her here huh.
Ahh and the finished product. THis one is mine, the bat in the cave. Oh and did I mention this was my FIRST time ever carving a pumpkin by myself. And I loved it! WAYY fun I gotta say. This is for sure something we will be doing every year from now on! I quite liked how it turned out.

Here is Russell's-- a werewolf. He did great too and was super fast. He finished in half the time as me!
Both of them.

Another way I wanted to get into the crafty side of the holiday was I really wanted to make and decorate sugar cookies. This was my first time doing that to by myself. I bought all the cutouts and decorating colors and just went to town. It was fun. Then I took the finished product to a friend's party and dropped off some to my parents. They were a hit! Here are just some of them. I made 3 dozen cookies. I think I am gonna start making cutout cookies for all the holidays now ;)

1 comment:

April said...

so fun! i'm excited to have a little one to enjoy the holiday activities more toO! looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! she's so big!