A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Just another Sunday

I love weekends and especially Sunday since Russ never has to work that day. Ava is getting so big and whenever we are doing anything she wants to do things just like us. Now whenever we are eating dinner or really any meal we sit down together she wants to sit up at the big table with us. My parents gave me that high kid chair so we can pull her next to us and it boosts her up to our level. She LOVES it! Aaannnddd she can eat with her fork now so well. She has for a while now but I had no idea. I just assumed she was too young but she totally has it figured out and is so proud of herself (as am I). Here she is eating her breakfast of scrambled eggs. Yummy :)
I love this pic. She just loves to pose for me. haha with her cute little smirk. My little cutie pie! This shows her chair better.
Then later that afternoon we decided to check out this park not far from our house that had a duck pond.
Remember Ava LOVESS ducks, stuffed ones or in pictures and books. This was her first time being introduced to real ones. ANd she was quite impressed I think.

We forgot to bring bread to feed them but we had some Nilla wafers in the diaper bag and they liked that.


Ava trying to pet the ducks. She didn't have any food and yet they still came right up to her.
Finally looks and feels like autumn.

Walking the trail around the pond.

Love this one. Little miss A leaning over peeking through the slates to see the ducks. SO cute!


Ava really wanted to hold Lucky's leash so I was helping her and showing her how.
She got it right away.

We ended the afternoon grilling up our leftover meat from yesterday. I am already so happy we have this grill. Food cooked on an open flame is just SO much better :)_Happy grilling!

1 comment:

Audrey Crisp said...

Looks so fun! She is so cute. I love that pic of you two in the with the Fall leaves/trees in the background! I love Grilled stuff too. That looks like a nice grill!