A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A first for Everything!

On Saturday I took Ava to get her first official haircut. I was debating where I should take her and who should do it. I ended up taking her to the same salon that Russ and I go to, Images Salon in PG. Amy cut her hair. She is SO sweet and did amazing with Ava. I was so dang proud of how well behaved and cooperative Ava was. She sat there like such a big girl holding so still. Amy took her time and blowdryed and styled even spraying glitter on Ava's hair as a finishing touch! Ava loved that (we called it fairy dust).


And her is my sweetie all done! I am going to continue taking her here for all future haircuts since I know she will do so great.

I love you little miss Ava! The cutest little doll EVER!
Later that afternoon we were having a BBQ with one of my best friends, Ashlie, and her husband and 2 kids. We didn't have a actual grill so we were just gonna borrow one. Russ and I have a George Forman grill that we use all the time for just us so we never bothered to get a big outdoor grill. But then yesterday last minute we decided we should just go out and buy one instead of messing with borrowing one. So while I was putting the finishing touches to the food and cleaning the house he went out and found one. He did such an awesome job! I love love LOVE our new bbq grill. Its big and works awesome!
Here is Russ putting it together with Brian helping set it up out on our deck.


We had so much fun and it was great to catch up and just relax with good food, good friends and a good time.

Little Miss A.

Ava and Jax are only 5 months apart and they loved playing together. I was so proud of Ava for sharing all her toys so well with the other kids. Even her favorite baby doll. Jaycie was really attached to it and Ava was close to freeking out but she kept her cool and allowed them to play and Ava wasn't possesive or selfish at all. I really am so proud of Ava. She was such a kind little hostess to our guests!
Playing and hanging out!
My BFF Ashlie and her hubby Brian. He is in the Airforce and they live up on base. Ash and I were best friends since high school. We have had some good times! Love her!!
My little Fam ;)

Me and Ashlie ;)
All the kiddos. Jaycie is 6 (there she is with Ava's baby doll) and Jax is 13 months and then Ava.

At the end of the night after everyone had left. Russ and I just hanging out, kickin back about to watch Prince of Persia (awesome movie by the way!). Oh and notice little naked baby in the background. haha she decided to strip down to get a bit more comfy as well.

My cute little naked babe with food all over her face, tired and ready to go to bed so Russ and I could just hang out and be alone.

All in all it was a great day. Ava had her first haircut, we bought our first outside grill and we hosted our first BBQ party at our house. It was SOO much fun! Now I think I want to have more parties at my house ;) I love playing hostess.

No comments: