A day in the life of a mom... the glamorous and messy reality of what makes it all worth it!

Friday, September 10, 2010

NeW JoB!

So as Russell would say, the summer of Laura has come to an end. It has been SO incredible to just be a stay-at-home mama everyday. Ava and I have had such a fun summer going to the pool almost every day and to the park on long walks by the river. I really am so happy I was able to do that. But now that its fall its time to go back to work and I really wanted to get me a part-time job. I just feel more balanced having a job and being a mom. For me it works perfect. I am so excited about my new job. I just work mornings while my mom watches Ava and by the time she wakes up from her morning nap I am off and there to take her home and play. I am working at the Aflac State Office in Lehi, so only about 10 minutes away from home. Its nice to be so close. I have been there a week already and it really is just a perfect fit for me. I am the admin assistant/office manager to the 4 top people over all the agents in Utah. I am there to help them with everything. So I am super busy doing random things and I am in charge of planning and carrying though on their huge events and dinner parties. I love planning things like that. It is a professional office so I have to dress up professional everyday (which I love any excuse to do that) so it really is a awesome job and is a million times better than my old job. The process of leaving my old job and finding a new one has really taught me a lot about myself and about other people. Life is too short it be stuck somewhere where I am unappreciated and overlooked. I really enjoy being in a smaller office enviorment where we all know eachother by name. Already they seem really pleased with me and constantly praise all my efforts. Life is really good right now. I am so happy with how things are going. I have a great job, a loving supportive husband and a little girl who is just the sweetest most adorable little angel ever. SOO grateful for all the blessings in my life.





1 comment:

Audrey Crisp said...

Congrats! Sounds like a great job!